Read: how woman who defraud Kano traders with fake bank alert got into police net
Kano police command said “On the 12/09/2021 at about 1830hrs, complaints were lodged by one Jamilu Musa, ‘m’, Aliyu Inusa, ‘m’, and Sadiya Muhammad, ‘f’, all of different addresses within Kano metropolis, that, between 11/09/2021 and 14/09/2021, one Fati Umar Dikko, ‘f’, of Rijiyar Zaki Quarters, Gwale LGA Kano, went to their shops located at various addresses in Kano and on different occasions, make the following purchases;
- Four (4) pieces of wrappers valued Fifty Seven Thousand Naira (N57,000.00)
- Three (3) pieces of Lace materials and one Hand Bag valued Ninety Thousand Naira (N90,000.00)
iii. Six (6) pieces of wrappers valued Fifty One Thousand Four Hundred Naira (N51,400.00); respectively.The suspect in all the three occasions made fake credit alerts and left with the items.
- On receipt of the complaints, the Commissioner of Police, Kano State Command, CP Sama’ila Shu’aibu Dikko, fsi raised and instructed a team of detectives led by SP Daniel Itse Amah to trace and arrest the culprit.
- The team swiftly swung in to action and following credible intelligence arrested the suspect while trying to collect another material bought using fake alert.
- On preliminary investigation, the suspect confessed that, she specialized in showing fake alerts to her victims and confessed to the crime. After the arrest of the suspect, four more complainants surfaces; (i) Rita Rawland, (ii) Hauwa Sani, (iii) Ramatu Isah, (iv) Hadiza Abdullahi, all of different addresses and stated that, the suspect made purchases in their shops respectively as follows;
(i) One (1) Food Flask valued Eighty Thousand Naira (N80,000.00)
(ii) Materials amounting to Two Hundred and Thirty Two Thousand Naira (N232,000.00)
(iii) Wrappers of the sum of Seventy Eight Thousand Naira (N78,000.00)
(iv) Lace Material of the sum of Sixty Five Thousand Naira (N65,000.00), where she shown fake alerts to them.
- However, the Commissioner of Police, Kano State Command, CP Sama’ila Shu’aibu Dikko, fsi famously referred by the good people of Kano State as “Nagari-Nakowa” ordered for discreet investigation. Suspect will be charged to court upon completion of investigation.